Saturday, July 23, 2011

A shared point of view...

O I have seen the seen the yellow orange sunrise
let me count the days
twenty seven thousand
three hundred seventy five
in this three quarters
of a centrury ride.

And I have kissed – each one
the full moons in every month
from then to now
nine hundred lovely
round oval, spheres – mysterious
and each extraordinary.

O I have traveled far -
crossed the great seas and oceans
felt the sand beneath
my naked feet
submerged my full body
deep within their wet beauty.

And I have discovered much
learned from the great books
by fine reknowned authors –
I have written and taught
given back and such
a student of observation.

O I have also hurt, suffered
from immense losses, made mistakes
endured transgressions –
that bent the direct line
I walk purposefully
on the path to human goodness.

And now –
what do I hold
in my heart as I turn this page
to Chapter Three
of a life full, brimming, a sustained note
a song in blessed harmony.

O it is love that finds
it’s place with time
agreement and a forgiving family,
this of all things shared equally,
O peaceful, exciting all encompassing
terrifying – yet, all important love.

And O the sunsets I have
shared with love,
prepared with love,
been in love,
meant and complimented –
all with this simple love.

Ah this is what I hold now
undeniable, identifiable, entirely love –
this is chapter three
exploring, adoring, never ever
ignoring love.

This blood of life.


Doug Claybourne aka J.E. Dorsey - for RN on his 75th birthday.

Copyright © Doug Claybourne 2011. All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment