Saturday, July 30, 2011

how lovely...



How lovely it is to go to sleep
to lie next to you.
Then -
quietly
in the blue morning
of  Saturday.
after a week of being alone
I feel next to me
the warmth of you
and it is firmly reassuring.
I awake
pleased to greet
the day
begin writing,
listening
hearing the sounds
as you move
to make our tea.
I understand clearly
without a doubt
that this is joy,
this is bliss
in all it’s glory.

In this few moments
the muffled sounds of cars passing
outside on eleventh street
the kettle steaming
and you cuddled back up
next to me – is mined as secrets.

The cats are waiting for
their morning treats.
This is what we
hope for –
live for -
love for -
this bliss –
these moments of grace.


J.E. Dorsey – for L.D.
Copyright © 2011. Doug Claybourne. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment