Saturday, July 30, 2011

How lovely…#2



How lovely it is
to go to sleep with you again
lie close as spoons
then -
quietly
in the blue morning
of  Saturday
after a week of being alone
I feel the warmth of you
next to me
and it is firmly reassuring.

I awake
pleased to greet
the day
begin writing
while listening
hearing the sounds
or our glorious weekend
as you move
to make tea.
I understand clearly
without a doubt
that this is joy,
this is bliss
in all it’s glory.

In this few moments
even the muffled sounds of cars passing
outside on eleventh street
are rose petals falling around us,
the kettle steaming
is a clear stream
and you cuddled back up
next to me – is stored away like a special secret
shared by two children at play.

The cats are waiting for
their morning treats.
This is what we
hope for –
live for -
this bliss –
these moments of grace.

J.E. Dorsey – for L.D. – 2nd draft.
Copyright © 2011. Doug Claybourne. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment