Monday, June 20, 2011

You stand...



You stand –
Tall among fathers –
legend to my love
my wife –
your daughter –
and for me –
a jealousy and a gift.

Jealous as you speak
day to day
to the ones you love
three daughters
devoted - and proud.

Each a rose
of a different color
bloomed from the same bush
buds picked and
not pruned
wild and beautiful -
each exploded of their own
volition
yet sprung from the same vine –

good stock – fierce
and full of life.

Jealous in a healthy loving way
as sharing love –
and the adventure in life
is knowing that this
beauty comes
from two poles.
                                   
The yin and the yang,
each - I completely adore.

Father – O blessed day
when we give all to the one
that gave us life.

Father – O blessed moment
when we realize that only
in this moment – past
present and now is
all we own in this life.

Father – you have given me
all I could ever dream of –
and in this day –

yours –
we celebrate –

O the gift
Of being
a Father.



For Rod Napier – Father in Law
On Father’s Day – 06.19.2011.
Copyright © Doug Claybourne 2011. All Rights Reserved.





No comments:

Post a Comment