Saturday, October 30, 2010

Light...




I have never seen
a ball of light,
so solid -
at once amazing
twice gigantic -
I am staring right
into this orange,
face of fire,
sinking,
fast below the palms
and slipping into
a vast ocean.

Don’t go,
don’t leave me here I shout.

Then,
for seconds my muse disappears,
hidden by buses, cars,
trees and trucks -
the entire disc whose wide radius
I seek is gone.


A breeze blows -
just a sliver appears,
just a slice,
only a small piece remains,
a swath of delight against
the brilliant sky for seconds more -

then dissapears again
to absolutely nothing
but my longing and this memory.




J.E. Dorsey 05.20.99 – 10.30.10
Week #21 Poem - from the book "Dorsey's Violin House - 52 Weeks
"A poetic journey through the year 1999."
Copyright © 2010. Doug Claybourne. All Rights Reserved.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment