Saturday, October 30, 2010

Haiku Poems New York...

A violin plays in my heart
my grandfather passes
before the notes run out

My daughter on the telephone
that voice
a new love note

My son loves trains
as I loved hot choo-choos
on Saturday with my grandfather - Boppaw.


New York vibrates with fall excitement,
breathes life into the artist,
excites the inner self.




I see them early
each and every morning without delay,
metal soldiers of the night -
they pick up our trash.


Few words are precious
except those
present in each moment.


Sunlight through
blooming flowers
hides winter through my window.


Listen – and watch
your August breath
it is quiet -
satisfied with itself.


Friends,
loves, wine and children -
life & perhaps sweet with time.






Quietly listening,
I see this day
with my eyes closed.






 

 

 

J.E. Dorsey –aka Doug Claybourne - Rev. 10.30.10

                                                 Copyright © 2010. Doug Claybourne. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment